Take charge of your health care!
Navigating Medicare and health care services can be complicated. Acumentra Health is here to help. We provide information and services to help you play an active role in managing your own health and health care. This includes understanding your rights as a Medicare beneficiary.
What can we do for you?
Acumentra Health is directed by the national Medicare agency to provide specific services to Medicare beneficiaries and their representatives. Specifically, we can help:
- Protect your right to receive quality healthcare services, provided for as long as they are medically necessary. We can take the following actions on your behalf:
- Support you in being an engaged partner in your health care.
- Find resources to help you live as well as possible if you have a chronic health condition
- Learn how to be a more informed partner in your health care, including
- 3 basic questions to ask your healthcare provider to help you understand each other, learn what you need to know about your condition, and make a treatment plan that you can follow.
- how to speak up to make your care safer, like reminding the doctor to wash her hands at the start of your visit.
All of our services to Medicare beneficiaries are free.
Topics we do not handle
Acumentra Health cannot refer you to a doctor or a medical facility for your care. To find a doctor or provider that accepts Medicare, go to www.medicare.gov, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
We do not handle Medicare claims or billing problems. See our Helpful Phone Numbers and Websites page, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).