Take charge of your health care!
Navigating Medicare and health care services can be complicated. The Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Program provides information and services to help you play an active role in managing your own health and health care.
The QIO Program provides assistance to
- Protect your right to receive quality healthcare services, provided for as long as they are medically necessary. Medicare has hired Livanta LLC to take the following actions (see box at right for contact information):
- review a complaint about the quality of your medical care
- review records regarding a hospital discharge notice if you feel you still need hospital services
- review records regarding a discharge notice from a nursing home, home health agency, or hospice if you feel you still need these services
- Support you in being an engaged partner in your health care. Acumentra Health provides resources to help you
- Live as well as possible when you have a chronic health condition
- Learn how to be a more informed partner in your health care, including basic questions to ask your healthcare provider, and things you can do to help make your care safer.