Take charge of your health care!
Navigating health care services can be complicated. The Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Program provides information and services to help you play an active role in managing your own health and health care.
The QIO Program provides assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their families to
- Protect your right to receive quality healthcare services, provided for as long as they are medically necessary. Medicare has hired Livanta LLC to take the following actions (see box at right for contact information):
- review a complaint about the quality of your medical care
- review records regarding a hospital discharge notice if you feel you still need hospital services
- review records regarding a discharge notice from a nursing home, home health agency, or hospice if you feel you still need these services
- Support you in being an engaged partner in your health care. As the Oregon affiliate of the HealthInsight Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization, Acumentra Health provides resources to help older
- Live as well as possible when you have a chronic health condition
- Learn how to be a more informed partner in your health care, including basic questions to ask your healthcare provider, and things you can do to help make your care safer.
Acumentra Health also convenes a Beneficiary and Family Advisory Council to ensure that our work on behalf of Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries is informed by the perspective of individual patients and family members—the center of the health care system.